TEM - FEI Themis Z S/TEM - Status: Available
||*ANALYSIS OF RADIOACTIVE SPECIMENS WITH THIS INSTRUMENT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED*
The FEI Themis Z S/TEM is a state-of-the-art Cs probe-corrected field emission gun scanning/transmission electron microscope capable of providing micro- to pico-scale structural, morphological, magnetic, and chemical information; it is the most advanced electron microscope of any kind within a 500 mi radius of the University of Florida.
YouTube video demonstrating STEM alignment and HAADF-STEM imaging of the Themis
Latest Status Log EntryDec 2, 2022 - User Note: LN2 dewar filled
- <100 pm resolution HAADF, LAADF, BF, ADF, ABF, DPC, iDPC, dDPC, and 4D STEM imaging
- Atomic-resolution EDS and EELS mapping
- High-resolution (~0.10 eV) EELS for fine-structure analysis
- Fully automated EDS tomography
- Energy filtered (zero loss, elemental mapping) TEM imaging
- Lorentz TEM and STEM imaging of magnetic specimens
- High-resolution (lattice) imaging with <0.1 nm information limit
An active Gatorlink login is required to create a new reservation.